MODULE 2 Expressive
does your teaching feel authentic and alive?
Dates | January 8-12, 2018
Times | 9am - 4pm each day
Location | Outer SPACE, 1474 N. Milwaukee AVE, Chicago, IL
Contributing Teachers | Tracy Bleier, Mitchel Bleier
As teachers, we have the opportunity to transform our students’ experience through our words, our ability to hold a safe and sacred space and our intentional themes and sequences. When we tap into the rhythm of silence and conversation, we are honoring language as creative power and harness the complementary skill of deep listening. Speaking from our heart depends on our willingness to trust in our word, to mean what we say, to walk our talk. When we are able to speak from an authentic and grounded place, the more technical aspects of teaching flow more seamlessly - sequencing, theming, etc.
EXPRESSIVE celebrates our journey into love and devotion cultivating an ability to trust the ways we use creative communication to make indelible connections with our students and community.
In this module, you will:
- Learn about Bhakti: the creative side of yoga
- Explore the power of language through the metaphor and the poetics of cueing
- Myths, storytelling & learning about the Gods & Goddesses
- Chanting & Mantra practice
- Study of the Radiance Sutras
- Sanskrit Basics and sound
- Playing the Harmonium & Sargam practice
- Transforming poses into rituals, your experiences into class themes that deepen your class conversation without losing rhythm or authenticity
- Write poetry, journal, make art: connect with your “inner artist”
EXPRESSIVE can be taken independently or as a part of your YA 300HR certification. With our unique curriculum and pay per module pricing, modules can be taken in any order.
$600 if committed to the whole year
$650 for individual modules
$249 LIVE STREAMING - NEW OPTION
*inquire about our Full-Time Yoga Teacher Scholarship